The EW Warriors Winter Store is OPEN!
Show your EW spirit with the coolest Warriors winter gear around and help send our Senior class off in style. But hurry, the EW Warriors Winter Store is only open through January 31. Curbside pickup for your new gear will take place near the EW campus on February 20th (optional $5 in-district delivery is also available). All profits help fund a special graduation celebration for the Class of ‘21.
We teamed up with our friends at Jaiiya Cafe to raise funds to purchase refreshing drinks for every teacher and staff member at Edmonds-Woodway High School. Find out more about our FILL THE CUP staff appreciation event.
Our holiday fundraiser raised $4,300 to help provide food and clothing for EWHS students and their families. Thank you to everyone who helped fight food insecurity for our fellow Warriors.
CORRECTION: In our December newsletter, the incorrect date was provided for the Coffee Talk with Principal Larsen events. These will be held on the second Friday of each month, unless there is a school break. The next Coffee Talk will be Friday, December 11, 2020 at 8am via Zoom / Meeting ID: 822 3608 5619 / Passcode: 067477
YOU SHOP. WE SCORE!
Set EWHS PSO as your charity in Amazon Smile and every time you shop, Amazon donates a portion of the proceeds to our programs. This is the easiest way to help raise critical funds that benefit our students and staff. Make the change before you do your holiday shopping and we can award even more grants to our educators this year!
Masks for EWHS Staff
In appreciation of the teachers and staff at EW, the Parent Staff Organization is donating cloth masks and hand sanitizer to each of them. This was made possible with the help of volunteer mask makers – Kim Palmer, Cathy Albrecht, Linda Zahnow and Candy Samione; donated fabric from Susan Haroian and donated hand sanitizer from Scratch Distillery/Alderwood-Terrace Rotary. Thank you to everyone for your help or donation.
What does the Edmonds-Woodway High School Parent Staff Organization Do?
- We provide grants to teachers and student groups for things not covered in the school budget – from materials to experiences.
- The PSO, with Princeton Review, offers Practice ACT and SAT tests for students in the fall and spring.
- We host Teacher Appreciation Luncheons four times during the school year to thank our great staff.
- We host social opportunities for parent and EWHS administration/staff to engage in dialogue – Back to School Social at Brigid’s Bottleshop, Principal’s Coffee (First Friday of every month) and Parent University
Become a EWHS PSO Member
Every Edmonds Woodway family is a member of the PSO, there are NO dues or fees. In order to receive emails and update, you should become an official member. Please fill out the membership form to stay informed – Membership form
- EWHS Daily Announcements
- Edmonds Warrior Connect
- College and Career Instagram Page – ewhscollegevisits – student-run instagram feed with all upcoming college/career events listed
- The EW PSO will NOT be offering an SAT/ACT Prep Courses at EWHS this year. There are several companies in the area offering courses – Mazor Test Prep Company, Princeton Review, Sandweiss Test Prep, ACT/SAT Prep, Seattle SAT Prep,
- Homework and Tech: Decoding the Distractions That Hinder Homework Completion; 5 Homework Strategies in the Digital Age
- College and Beyond Resources: Seattle Times College Guide; Common Application; Financial Aid; Studying for the SAT; Western State Tuition Savings Programs; WA Apprenticeship Programs; Thinking about College Loans; Debunking 5 Myths about Financial Aid
- Teens and Vaping – Learn more about the increasing use of e-cigarettes among teens. What do they look like? What is a Juul? How do they work? Follow the link for more information.
- SOS Signs of Suicide Prevention Program – Edmonds School District depression awareness and suicide prevention program.
- How to talk about depression – Tips on how to deal with depression, talk about it and how to help people who aren’t depressed talk to people who are.
- Issues That Matter – Mental Health – Over the past year, Sno-Isle Libraries has hosted forums on wide-ranging topics of mental health – from dementia to the most recent forum on teen depression and suicide. Audio and video from each forum are available on the website.
- Parent Resources – Struggling with parenting a teen, technology use or college planning. Check out these resources for helpful information
- Warrior Word – EWHS school newspaper – find out what is happening at EWHS
Class-Specific Facebook Resource Groups:
2020-2021 EWHS Parent Student Organization Board Members:
PSO President – Michelle Massey
PSO Co-President – Michele Fellows
PSO Treasurer – Heather Rees
Secretary – Debby Fields
Communications – Christine Cossu
Hospitality – Jennifer Eaton and Eli Fuller
EWHS Staff Liaison – Allison Larsen, Principal
EWHS Teacher Liaison – Jim Ogren
Membership – Debby Fields
ACT/SAT Practice Testing – Kim Palmer