Upcoming Events: August 28 – Freshman Orientation – 9-12:30 – Great Hall Freshman Only Chromebook Pick-up: 1-4 pm Cafe (Outside of Great Hall) All Grades Chromebook Pick-up: 5-8 pm Cafe Fall Sports Parent Meeting, 6:30 pm – August 29 – Warrior Walk: 8-2 pm – Chromebook pick-up, pay for ASB and Yearbook, purchase parking permits* September 5 – First Day of School (6 period day and an assembly) September 6 and 7 – 6 period days and school pictures taken
- Parking Spot Reservations – This year we are allowing students to reserve parking spots beginning at least one week before Warrior Walk on August 29 by completing an online form. Students will receive a link to this form in their school email account. The reservation for their spot will be held through Friday, September 7. Making an online reservation is optional and is only required if a student would like to choose a specific spot number.
- Parking Permit Application – In addition to the online reservation, students must also complete the EWHS Parking Permit Application Form. Students can pick up a paper copy of this form at the EWHS Attendance Office. This form includes a parent/guardian signature.
- Purchasing Parking Permits – Students may purchase parking permits at the EWHS Attendance Office during Warrior Walk on August 29, 8:00 am – 2:00 pm and beginning September 5 throughout the school year. During school hours, students can make their purchase during lunches or after school only. Online reservations will be honored through Friday, September 7. When completing their purchase, students must provide the completed EWHS Parking Permit Application Form with parent/guardian signature, $60 (Cash, check, and credit/debit cards are accepted. Online purchasing is not available.), driver’s license and proof of current auto insurance.
Teens and Vaping – Learn more about the increasing use of e-cigarettes among teens. What do they look like? What is a Juul? How do they work? Follow the link for more information.
Amazon Smile – Go to smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1190652 and Amazon will donate to Edmonds-Woodway High School Parent- Staff Organization. Set Smile.amazon as your default page and start supporting EWHS teachers and students today!
Issues That Matter – Mental Health – Over the past year, Sno-Isle libraries has hosted forums on wide-ranging topics of mental health – from dementia to the most recent forum on teen depression and suicide. Audio and video from each forum are available on the website.
The SAT and ACT Practice tests at EWHS are done for the school year. We will offer both practice tests again next fall.
Parent Resources – Struggling with parenting a teen, technology use or college planning. Check out these resources for helpful information.
Warrior Word – EWHS school newspaper – find out what is happening at EWHS
2021 Parents’ Facebook page: EWHS 2021 Parents – check it out to stay in touch and in the know.
What does the PSO do at EWHS?
- We provide grants to teachers and student groups for things not covered in the school budget.
- The PSO, with Princeton Review, schedules Practice ACT and SAT tests for students in the fall and spring. In addition, the PSO and Princeton Review offer the ACT and SAT Fundamental Prep Course at EWHS during the spring.
- The PSO hosts Teacher Appreciation Luncheons four times during the school year to thank our great staff.
- We host social opportunities for parent and EWHS administration/staff to engage in dialogue – Back to School Social at Brigid’s Bottleshop, Principal’s Coffee – First Friday of the month and Parent University
Every family is a member of the PSO, there are no dues or fees. In order to receive emails and update, you must officially become a member. Please fill out the membership form to stay informed – Membership form
Contact us at email@example.com
PSO President – Kim Palmer; PSO President Elect – Tara Denkinger and Beth Sanger; PSO Treasurer – Sheridan Haroian; PSO Secretary – Position Open; Hospitality – Tara Denkinger and Beth Sanger; Membership – Debby Fields
Tax ID # 91-1190652