What does the Edmonds-Woodway High School Parent Staff Organization Do?
– We provide grants to teachers and student groups for things not covered in the school budget – from materials to experiences.
– The PSO, with Princeton Review, offers Practice ACT and SAT tests for students in the fall and spring.
– We host Teacher Appreciation Luncheons four times during the school year to thank our great staff.
– We host social opportunities for parent and EWHS administration/staff to engage in dialogue – Back to School Social at Brigid’s Bottleshop, Principal’s Coffee (First Friday of every month) and Parent University
The PSO conducts several fundraisers throughout the school year:
- Our largest fundraiser, Support Our Students*, happens once a year. During the fundraiser, the PSO asks EWHS families for their financial support. Family contributions help support every day and one-time needs at the high school. These needs range from support tutoring and mentoring programs, books for the library, the school Clothes Closet, Senior Awards Night, the counseling department and so much more. 100% of funds raised go to help Edmonds Woodway students be successful and achieve their academic goals. Thank you for Supporting Our Students! *As part of the fundraiser, English classes compete to see which class has the highest participation. The winning classroom wins a pizza party.
- Joy of Giving is our annual holiday fund-a-need that helps provide food security for our students through the winter break.
- ACT and SAT practice exams – Exams are offered several times during the school year and fees help to pay for room rental costs and supplement the PSO budget.
- AmazonSmile donates 0.5% of qualified purchases to your designated charity – Edmonds-Woodway High School Parent-Staff Organization. Set AmazonSmile as your preferred online shopping site and be sure to set EWHS PSO as your designated charity.